A summer favorite food for me is zucchini! I have tried so many different things with it but this is BY FAR the most delicious way I’ve made zucchini. 😋 Each year I *try* to grow a garden and my zucchini usually does the best and produces more than I can handle! I didn’t get a ton this year since we couldn’t find any black tarp for the weeds…. so the weeds took over in no time since we use fresh “cow dirt” from our local farms. Which is GREAT for my plants but awful when it comes to weeds.Jump to Recipe
So for this recipe you’ll need 1-2 (depending on the size) medium zucchinis. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe, you can always just add a little more of the mixture ingredients if you end up with too much zucchini! You will need olive oil, breadcrumbs, grated parm, garlic powder and black pepper. Other things such as cooking spray, tinfoil, small bowl, a cooling rack, and a sheet pan.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Wash your zucchinis and cut 1/4-1/2 inch pieces, I have found this size cooks the best, not too squishy and not too hard. If your zucchini is kind of large width wise I would cut the circles in half, I had to do this with a few pieces because my zucchinis were oddly shaped, lol.
After all your zucchini is cut, place it in a small dish and add your olive oil. Mix well with your hands so all pieces are well coated!
Next get your sheet pan ready! I like to line my sheet pan with a piece of tinfoil for easier clean up, then place a cooling rack on top of it. This helps the zucchini become crispier instead of soggy. Spray the rack good!
Now get your mixture together. This will be the breadcrumbs, grated parm, garlic powder and black pepper.
Start to coat you zucchini by placing them into the mixture and pressing the mixture onto each side! Place them on your sheet pan and once done place in the oven for 15 minutes.
After the 15 minutes is up, switch your oven to BROIL on HIGH. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes. This will give them a nice crisp and they should be golden on top.
And thats it! Serve with some ranch if desired and you are ready to go! This recipe is great for an appetizer or even a yummy side dish! ENJOY! ❤️
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Bites
- 1-2 Medium Zucchinis
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 ts Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper As desired
- Ranch for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Clean zucchini and slice into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces, slice bigger circles in half.
- Place zucchini in a small bowl and add olive oil, mix well with hands.
- Line a sheet pan with tin foil and place a cooling rack on top. Spray with cooking spray.
- Mix your breadcrumbs, parm, garlic powder and black pepper together and coat zucchini with mixture by placing pieces in the bowl and pressing the mixture onto each side.
- Place all zucchini on prepared rack and place on middle oven rack for 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes is up, place oven on BROIL on HIGH and cook additional 5 minutes until tops of zucchini are golden.
- Serve immediately with a side of ranch for dipping if desired!